Union education is available to all union members, but priority is given to those who have volunteered to help the Local by becoming a shop steward or being elected as an executive member. The local covers all the costs of the education – registration, accommodation, travel, and union “book-off” time.
Week long courses are typically held in:
- mid-January to mid-February at Harrison Hot Springs – the Canadian Labour Congress Pacific Region Winter School
- May-June in Kamloops – the CUPE BC Spring Weeklong School
- in October-November in Nanaimo – the CUPE BC Fall Weeklong School
Other courses are held throughout the year. Please see the listing on the right for more details. If you want to attend a course please contact either Tom Benjamin or Shirley Lyons, the members of the Education Committee.
Fall 2017 Weeklong School, October 29 to November 3, Coast Bastion Inn, Nanaimo
Registration is now open. If you are interested in any of the following please contact Tom or Shirley:
- Introduction to Stewarding & 5 Steward Learning Series modules
- Bargaining Solidarity
- Local Executive Training
- Return to Work: Getting Beyond light Duties
Each is a five day course, opening assembly is on Sunday evening, course finishes at noon on Friday, meals are provided. Complete details are in the brochure.